Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Welcome, Journal Sentinel readers

My longtime dream has come true: this little blog got a shout-out in a real, live newspaper. I was interviewed by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for a story on leftovers, which you can read here.

New readers, start with this post for my wit and wisdom on leftovers. Got a favorite leftover recipe? Share it in the comments.

Here are some more ideas on using up leftover food:

Milk: Make homemade cottage cheese (aka farmer's cheese, curd cheese or tvorog).

Cottage cheese: Bake muffins.

Cooked, cold chicken: Make chicken-stuffed crepes or chicken and spinach hachepouri.

Raw chicken, random vegetables: Make stock.

Tomatoes past their prime: Roast 'em.

Roasted tomatoes, canned tomatoes, or tomato paste: Make chana masala soup.

Cooked vegetables: Make salad.

4 comments:

adele said...

Congratulations! :)

Mrs. M. said...

Adele & Ann--Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Hi, I was looking up Russian food blogs and came across yours. I took some Russian classes in college, and as a result I have a fondness for all things Russian, especially food! I'm excited to try some of your recipes - they look delicious!

Mrs. M. said...

Stephanie-Thanks for stopping by. Let me know how the recipes work out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails